Wednesday 12 June 2019

Memories - Colour Journal

This is another multi-coloured piece,
but with a black outline around my images.
I was watching some YouTube videos by
Niamh Baly & Inkyfairy design 
& I had forgotten how effective this technique
can be. Some really great examples on
YouTube are by Nika in Wonderland 

I decided to use the technique here.

I made a multi-coloured background,
added stenciling, gold leaf, all the same as
my Open Heart mini junk journal page,
but I added black marble paint over a die cut 
as a mask (Tim Holtz Bigz Sewing Room)
I added a lot more black than I liked &
when I tried to remove it, the colours smeared
losing the stenciling everywhere.
But, it is very visible in the mannequin silhouette
so I am extremely happy.
I added a Tim Holtz Mini Blueprints 2 image 
(Sewing Machine) & as my gold pen ran out,
I did my journaling in silver on the mask
(Cardboard die cut) & stuck it overlapping 
the silhouette. My words are about my mum.
she was a self taught seamstress & was bloody good.
All words by Tim Holtz.
Background stamps - Attic Treasures (TH)

No comments: