Monday 24 June 2019

Centre Pages of the Mini Journal

Having watched even more videos on
I just HAD to try her image transfer technique!
It turned out FABULOUS!!!!!!!
Seriously, if you have never seen her Altered Book
videos, go check them out.
She is based in Vallejo, California,
teaches in a really easy to understand manner
& is a really lovely human. 
In the past my transfers have been very much
hit & miss, with a whole load of miss.
This turned out perfect.
Granted it is a magazine image, but I am going
to try my hand with an inkjet print.
I have already learned how to get a coat of 
gel medium on them before they smear.
I saw the idea of putting a coat of medium
down on the gel plate & then placing images face down
& brayer them. It worked in the video by Artzology, here 

As this is the very centre of my mini junk journal,
it made sense to make a double page spread.
I prepared my image as per LorriMarie's instructions,
then after applying a coat of heavy gesso over my page, 
I applied a coat of PaperArtsy Smurf (blue) 
Once the image was prepared & dried,
I added a coat of Winsor & Newton Galeria Matt Medium
to the page & brayered down my image.
I then walked away for 48 hours!! 
I think this was the crucial thing, to let it dry.
Once dry, I added a little water & the backing literally
all came off leaving very little behind!!
The light blue underneath helped the image
to appear light. I added a white gesso border
all around as a vignette. I also added
some texture paste with a TCW well rounded
mini stencil to look like moving water/spray.
All I added to this were the stamped seabirds,
free with creative Stamping issue 72
& Tim Holtz words. I wanted the image to shine.
In hindsight, I wish I had added light green
in the areas where the cliffs are.
Magazine image was from Daphne's Diary.
 

No comments: