Friday 21 June 2019

Remember to Play.

Mini Junk Journal page.
I stumbled upon the YouTube channel,
of a lady called LorriMarie Jenkins.
She makes all kinds of Altered Books,
a subject dear to my heart.
(although I never tried a "true" altered one yet!)
What struck me was how she applied collage to
most pages for background texture.
It isn't something I do often.
I wasn't intending to make this page, it just sort of happened.
I was searching for something entirely different,
but during my search, 3 pieces of paper fell
onto my lap & I was surprised by how well
they appeared to go together.
I was drawn to create something immediately,
& this is what I came up with.
The torn wallpaper lining had a torn
piece of paper already glued to it.
The red with white scribbly flowers & button pieces
just fell out with it. 
I tore around the flowers & buttons,
attached them all together & then created my background.
This had some titan buff & glazes left over
from working on the adjacent page
(number 14, not completed yet)
it peeled off so I added a spot of Burnt Umber
& Red Ochre & blended them with gesso.
I then added burnt umber with a palette
knife around the frame & with an old gift card.
In fact the thing that took longest to
create was the word "collage" which
was cut from 7 different words in a magazine.
The final touch was the Tim Holtz phrase
"Remember to Play" 
I couldn't resist adding the little ladybug.

No comments: