Wednesday 5 June 2019

Bee Update!

The bees have been extremely busy!
They are so clever! They know that female bees
hatch later than males & so they lay
the female eggs right at the back of
the tubes, put a bit of food in, then partition
it off with mud, before laying the next egg.
They continue this to the front of the
tube where the male eggs are laid & then
they seal up the entire tube.

This is the new house.
They have already filled about 20 tubes in
this photo. The actual number is 27 today.

This is the original house,
it is almost completely full.
Good job I saw sense & bought a second house!


This is totally new to me & absolutely fascinating!
I adore my little families, even if they are only eggs.
Sadly the bees fly off to die once the tubes are finished 😢
I ❤ Mason bees 🐝🐝🐝

No comments: