Monday 11 June 2007

Art Journal Wk23 & Alcohol Inks.




I have wanted alcohol inks for an age & seeing Keryn's card (DCM) really set off the longing again. I was so good & bypassed the shelf on Saturday morning, but after the huge disappoint of Lewis being knocked out of Joseph, a girl needed something new to play with to help cheer her up. I headed straight to the art dept of our garden centre first thing Sunday!! Trust me, I really did, cried like a baby, probably as many tears as him, bless. Well they did cheer me up as I got playing. The bottom card is the first one i did & it was simply inking ghost hearts. then using my new stamps & permanent brush markers to colour them in.
The AJ card didn't go as well. I discovered that the glossy card I covered my playing card with wsn't the right type so although it is a beautiful background effect, it doesn't have that shine.
The little book is made to mirror a maze book I am working on & just lists right now I am tired, sad, worried & creative. The tulip design is from one of my new sets of See D's stamps & is stamped in StazOn ink & coloured with the markers for a subtle watercolour effect.

19 comments:

Je@net said...

What a lovely card!!! I just love the little minibook on it and what a beautiful stamp!!

Marjolein said...

What beautiful card Paula!! Great colours, and the stamp.... super!! Hope you feel happier soon!!

Lyzzydee said...

I love your interactive card!! I am useless at this sort of thing!!

beth said...

cute card. i like the way the words unfold.

michelle said...

i love your card! we did have the same idea in mind.. you seem a lot more proficient at using the inks than i do, though!

valerie said...

gorgeous stamp, love the little book idea sat here pondering what to do for mine

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Enjoyed looking at your creations, Paula, as always! The little star card is so nice - and I have never used alcohol inks so am very impressed with what you have done :-)

Unknown said...

Awesome the mini book looks great!
The alcohol inking looks fantastic.

Anonymous said...

you are so very creative!

jakey said...

didn't take you long to get those inks opened, I see lol! Gorge card - you are a clever bunny :-)

Flapsi said...

Gosh, you make me want to go and play with alcohol inks! These are lovely colours. Hope you feel happier soon.

Jo said...

I have never tried inks but they do create such fabby effects. Gorgeous artwork, hope you are less upset soon {{{{{hugs}}}}}

jo xx

Jen said...

Beautiful card! Great colors and I like the little tab thingy holding the journaling closed.

Debbie Doughty said...

Very pretty, especially for your first try at alcohol inks! Love the little bitty card for the journaling ;)

Gillian said...

OK....now i really must track some of these inks down...
Wonderful inspiration Paula.. :O)

Anonymous said...

Nice and very creative!

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula, i love your card !, love the colours and the tulips , hope you feel better and happy again :), thanks for the sweet words on my weblog, we decide not to do it but stay in our old house but somewhere i hope i didn't made the wrong decision ....

Jennifer Davis said...

Love it! I want to learn how to use alcohol inks!

Deborah said...

Love your card, what a great design :)