Thursday 8 May 2008

Arty Girlz - 3D & My NSBD layout

With it having just been Bank Holiday & several of my colleagues have left, I have been very busy at work. I completely forgot to check the challenges. Although having said that I need a break from them all. I am in scrapping mode & as Im quite unhappy at work I can only create sporadically. Cards are just not working for me, layouts evolve over days.
However I did quite well & managed this card for Arty Girlz, 3D theme. The BG chipboard flower is covered in paper, the edges sanded & inked with my gold Krylon pen. Papers are Papermania, Simply elegant.
This is a page layout I created for National Scrapbooking Day. It is based on one of the cybercrop classes I had no time to complete. I have given up trying to get a better photo of this. The greens are far more zingy, none of the gems cam be seen in the corner rub on at the top of my photo & half the title is obscured.
It reads, Ready for my close up! The class was Up Close & Personal. The journalling isn't very clear either, it says although this is quite an old photo of me now it remains my absolute favourite. The lady got my make up just right & I look so natural. And I can't believe I missed off my lime green ric rac!!!!

Papers are Sublime, Kaisercraft. Title stickers from Range. The acetate flowers are hand made.

11 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Paula, love the papers and your layout is just great the colours and design are brilliant

Crafting Queen said...

Great card and the layout is very effective.

Kath Stewart said...

Wow Paula

2 Fab Layouts - great pages

Unknown said...

i love the card, and that layout is fantastic, love the greens!

Pearl said...

Wow ! Love this layout of you Paula ! Wow wow wow ! The lime greens work so well with the black of course ! But what a great mix of patterns ! Very fresh & trendy ! lol

Cards are so not working for me too this week ! Inspite of waiting for 8 cuttlebug embossing folders to arrive which they did yet I had no mojo to go try them out ! duh ! I was soo happy i saved 40% retail retail here by buying online frm the US & yet ...nothing to show for it !

Mandalika said...

I love the card, such a beautiful vintage feel. The page is great too.

Julie Allain said...

Beautiful layouts Paula!! Love them both

Thanks for joining in with Arty girlz once again xx

Crissi Harvey said...

fabulous Lay outs paula
Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge

crissi xx

Kim Costello said...

Beautiful card, lovely colours and the flower is yummy!

Anonymous said...

loving this layout! the green totally pops of the page.

Barbara Hagerty said...

Your card and layout are beautiful, Paula! The card is gorgeous and elegant! And your layout is bright, fun and sophisticated! I really love them both!!