Friday 9 May 2008

Forum Notebook Swap

On the mixed media forum, we had a monthy swap. We were all given a name from the members taking part & our task was to create an altered notebook for them. I got Joanne & this is what I made for her. Her favourite colour is purple but as I very recently did her a full on purple card I decided to experiment with some of her other favs. My inspiration came from Indian summers with rich jewel colours of sari silks & opulent gold. I loved this so much I fashioned a similar one for my friend, Louise's leaving present & I am working on my own.
This is the front cover. I selected clear fronted perspex type books so the cover protects the artwork. Stamps various from my collection, girl by Crafty Individuals (my fav image)
Back cover, just coverd with some BG blush paper & stamped with the Heidi Swapp Damask stamp. A clock & time words. Sticker 7gypsies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the collage-y look to this journal. your swap partner is very lucky!

Rika said...

Beautiful artwork!