Saturday 10 May 2008

Another Forum Challenge

For the April Monthly workout a layout was selected. It had to contain stamping & have happy connections. Sounds easy.... well as most of the girls are not scrappers, they made some gorgeous stuff. You'll have to check out their individual blogs in my sidebar for their creations.

I selected this photo of a mate, Irene, who I once worked with. The journalling is hard to read but she was the radiant bride to be & her father daren't smile as his front tooth fell out two hours before the ceremony! I stamped the corners & also added the damask stamp on the red paper. Then I stamped two leaf swirls under the fabric bloom. I made the centre of this flower using diamond glaze & lots of gold seed beads.
Paper is a scrap from some stuff given at the retreat in Feb. It suited her dress perfectly. It was a stunning dress all hand stitched & beaded. Cost £700 in a bridal shop & she bought it overseas off Ebay for £45!

4 comments:

lam said...

This is so beautiful and elegant. Keep up the great work

Unknown said...

Lovely LO Paula - and thanks for sharing the funny story behind the picture! Lol Lynn x

Anonymous said...

great job. the papers and the flower really compliment her dress. love this

Micayla said...

What a gorgeous layout, so elegant!
Sorry I have been absent for a while. I have just been so busy.
We collected the nursery furniture at the weekend, just need to decorate and lay the carpet!!
Have a fab week x