Thursday 28 November 2019

Dina Wakley - Show Us Your Media Gratitude

Challenge Month Three 
 
Grateful for Friendship
 
The page had scraps of Papermania tissue & gesso,
left over from another project.
First I added Tangerine, Lemon & Lime Scribble sticks,
then created a slight ghost background
using DWM Pebble Heart.
I then stuck down the woman,
from DWM Vintage & Sketches collage paper.
I added Lime paint above
her head & then before it was totally dry,
I went in with Fuchsia paint sponged through the
largest heart on the stencil.
I added Lapis to her top & a little gesso
mixed with Fuchsia for her face.
I drew around all the blocks that
make up the heart & added words in a random few.
I then journaled around the outside of the heart.
It says;
I am grateful for the friendships I have.
We do not live in one another's pockets, 
but we always know each other is there,
when they are needed.

Life is busy & people need to live their lives,
but knowing your friend is there,
to offer love, laughter, support,
a shoulder to cry on or
a text conversation to reminisce.
The bold words are the ones written
within the blocks of the heart.
Fuchsia, Lapis & Lime paint is all
Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body. 

I am really late this month, nearly missed
uploading to the challenge.
My world has been Christmas Cards for 
the past 4 weeks. They are all done.
Just two gifts to complete.

No comments: