Tuesday 7 January 2020

Dina Wakley Media - Show Us Your Media Gratitude

Challenge Month Five

Grateful for Kindness

First page for 2020 of this Gratitude project.
Kindness is an important part of my life.
Without it, I don't think anyone could cope
with daily living. So for my theme I went with
a circle background. It is to signify how
Kindness breeds Kindness in an endless way.
To begin I added white gesso to the page.
I then added Golden Light Molding paste
through TCW Stencil, Ring Doily.
Once dry, I added colour.
Dylusions paint in
Peony Blush / Cherry Pie / Crushed Grape.
I sprayed with water to get it moving.
Once dry, I added the same colours plus white,
with ghost stenciling using the same stencil.
This seemed too vivid once dry, so I brayered
gesso over the top to tone it back.
Next a bit of black background stamping
with a Bo Bunny background stamp
& also some French script.
After adding some DWM Collage tissue
in circles, I stamped onto copy paper,
my image from DWM From the Past.
I stamped her again onto light card.
I adhered the copy paper version,
added brown shading around her with 
Woody 3 in 1 880/630,
then stuck the card version on the top.
I printed my quote with the dymo label maker,
added to the page & used woody 880/334
to create shadows around the words.
To finish, I wrote my journaling &
added Tim Holtz Small Talk phrases
relevant to the words I wrote.
I just put that the world can be a better place
with just a smile or a few words. They might make
someone feel like they matter, at a time when
they may well be feeling very low.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.