Friday 3 January 2020

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Art Journal page for my Colour Exploration Journal.
A nice wintry feel to kick off the New Year Blogging.


I began this page with gesso.
Once dry, I applied my first colour, 
PaperArtsy Blue Smoke in vertical strokes,
taking care not to hit the edges.
This was overlayed with Wolf Eye.
Once dry, I added my final blue layer,
using Iceberg. I made this far more watery,
spraying it with water to create a running,
dripping effect down the page.
I dried it all well & then stamped with
a free snowflake stamp from Craft Stamper,
in Blue Smoke.
Once dry, I added Golden Light Molding paste
through the Tim Holtz Crossed stencil.
I printed my focal image, adding a light blue vignette
to it as I felt it would help it blend better
to my page than plain white.
I added text stamping with two free stamps
from Simply Cards & Papercraft issue 182,
"Let it snow" & "Walking in a winter wonderland"
I dry brushed gesso lightly to knock back the
stamping & to add splatters.
After adhering my image, I went in with
Stabilo Woody 3 in 1 pencils;
800/405 Ultramarine, 
800/470 Turquoise
this added just the right amount of contrast
& shading. To finish I added Tim Holtz
Christmas Clipping stickers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.