Wednesday 19 February 2020

Look Beneath the Surface

This page is all about the layers.
My inspiration for this page came from a sentence
I read in a novel. I fail to remember the exact words,
but he was saying something about, "first impressions
of the house, everything appeared smart, neat. But,
he could feel underlying tension."
It made me want to journal about looking 
under the surface. Not judging what  you see or
perceive something to be, 
purely by the outward appearance. 

I had added clear gesso centrally to the kraft page
& applied molding paste through the Tim Holtz
Floral stencil. I had then added DWM Ruby
paint over the raised texture.
 I saw on Artful Mavens blog, a background 
technique I could apply to my already started page.
So, I layered over more DWM paints in
Tangerine, Lime, Magenta & Ocean.
Drying between each colour application & wiping it
off the textured flowers. Then I added French script
stamped randomly over the page & on the flowers.
I then finger painted a little more
paint & gesso until I was happy that I could see
every colour right down to the original Ruby.
I then added my quote from Tim Holtz & used
my Dymo Label Maker to create a bit more.
I added my journaling & finally,highlighted with 
a woody 3 in 1 pencil.

No comments: