Sunday 16 February 2020

Dina Wakley Media - Show Us Your Media Gratitude

Challenge Month Six

Grateful for Nature

Here is the completed double page spread.
Below are closer views of each side.
 
 I added white gesso to my kraft pages, 
not bothering to go up to the edges.
Then I set to work mixing my DWM heavy body paints
using Dina's mixing chart.
I used Lime + Lapis = Ivy
Lime + Sky = Cactus
plus Marine & Ocean.
Using the Little Birds Clear stamps & stencil set,
I added paint to the page & used the leafy stencil
to apply the reduction stencil technique, one colour
at a time, drying between each.
I then coloured the DWM Backgrounds Collage Paper,
circles using Dylusions ink sprays:
Pomegranate/ Tangerine / Lemon / Cherry
on the reverse & allowed to air dry.
I then stamped my little birds onto this paper.
 While the birds were drying, I used a Design Objectives
stamp to add the grasses & flowers.
I added pieces of the circles paper on the background
to tie the piece to the birds.
I then added my three birds & used gel pens
to highlight the details.
I did add a little journaling, but the plan
was to journal far more.

The opposite page had the left over paints
applied to it so I applied
Marine & Ocean stenciling over the top
before also applying white.
I cut the page to half a heart to show
my love for nature & added a few
more grasses, flowers & one more bird.

 I used Posca Paint pens to colour my flowers
& to add detail in the grasses.
Along with more gel pen details.
I then wrote my journailing.
It tells the story of how, watching my
garden bloom, seeing the bees, feeding the birds & spotting 
various wildlife species, helped my through last year,
when I was redundant from work & searching for
a new job. I applied for so many, faced so many rejections
& had to attend interviews. 
Nature gave me the peace I needed in between. 
I could not have got by without the beauty of Nature.
 

No comments: