Wednesday 4 April 2007

DCM LE - Verily Very Vintage!!

This is actually a card I made over the weekend. I planned to do another for the mid week dare, but was far too tired & the bits wouldn't go together on the card front!!!
But, this one is ideal. I LOVE VINTAGE, as you may well know, but I wanted this one to have a slightly modern twist. I deliberately didn't stamp the flower image clearly to give the faded look.
The centre flower is a chipboard one (the centre from my 40th LO). I coloured it using a versamark red ink pad. The ribbon is papermania. I stamped the wordings, (Love in bloom is faded at top right corner) in both red & black for that fab two tone effect. I like stamping & wish I had the cash to splash out on the brush markers, but sadly the big bills roll in & Mr Brown was not kind to single people on low wages in this year's budget!!
If I feel more awake tonight I may make a second.

4 comments:

Gillian said...

Beautiful Stamping Paula.. love this.. well done!

Kathy said...

Love the way you've stamped this Paula - I must try that over some of my stash of paper from old bokks, it would look fab I think

Looking forward to seeing more of your vintage-y stuff later, then!

Sarah said...

Love this card Paula, think I have used similar ribbon on mine!

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Beautiful card as always Paula!