Monday 8 April 2019

Bare Bones: Constructing an Art Journal Page.

There are many ways to construct an art journal page.
I have decided to break down the various methods,
into Base, Middle & Final Touches.
Below are three pages in my Colour Exploration Journal,
showing these in flow chart form.
Feel free to copy any of this if it helps you.
I found that by listing my supplies in this way,
I remember what I have & use them.

Base Layer.
This base page focuses on building
the bones of the page & creating texture.

Middle Layer. 
The middle layer page is all about ways
to add colour onto the base.

Final Touches. 
This focuses on ideas for focal points, quotes,
phrases & lists things I would use such
as ephemera, photos, stamped images.
I might well have far less or even more supplies than
who ever is reading this. The idea is, take a few
minutes to draw up a list of what you have, 
get them out & play with them!
If these do spark your imagination, do let me know.
You can share them with me on Instagram.

No comments: