Friday 12 April 2019

Creating Colour Wheels.

As you know, I am exploring colour
& composition in more depth this year.
I feel it will give my work more depth.
As part of my learning, I have read various
articles & books. 

What struck me most is that everyone uses different paints.
So, I got to thinking, I need to view the colour wheel from my
own view. That is, the colours I own.
It's no good looking at everyone else's if they don't use
what I have got. For example, a fabulous blogger/YouTube girl,
Mixed Media Jenn uses a lot of Dina Wakley Media 
& a lot of other brands.
So I settled down to make my own.

Here are the results.
 This first page features - top; random acrylics.
Crawford & Black / Daler Rowney
The bottom; Dylusions.
This page underneath features PaperArtsy.
I feel this needs doing again,
with a better yellow  shade.
I've left space.
This was a fun, if not messy exercise!
But, I now know what I can mix with what I have.
Have you tried it with your paints?
It's proof you don't NEED to own every colour,
especially if you are just starting out on this crazy train.

No comments: