Wednesday 10 April 2019

Colour Exploration Journal - Page 7

I made this a few weeks ago.
Everyone was playing with crackle texture
& neutral, vintage, grunge colours.
I wanted in on the action too.
So I created a neutral page to take a break from colour.
But these colours sing to me. I adore them!
Titan Buff, Burnt Umber, Crackle Medium.
The under layers are French Roast, Koala,
Egg Shell & Cement by PaperArtsy.

I used watered down burnt umber to get all the cracks showing up.
Adding & taking away, repeating until desired effect achieved.
I added texture paste through Rebekah Meier TCW
stencil mini Ravenscape.
The raven is traced onto an old envelope,
using a stabilo marks all black pencil.
Squares are Septh Apter, die cut from an
old background I didn't like & aged with paints.
I used a palette knife to spread bits of gold hue paint.
I journalled on the bird & added Small Talk stickers.
The final step was adding black nuvo drops.



No comments: