Friday 19 April 2019

Products from Hunkdory Crafts

Recently I was approached by the wonderful UK craft company, Hunkydory Crafts, who asked if I would be happy to use & then honestly review some of their products. I was more than happy to do so as I've purchased their products in the past & had excellent results with them.
Previous projects using their products include a garden shed birthday card for my dad last year,  this was using one of the Hunkydory kits. A nail polish birthday card for a nail technician & I used the kit again to make my Father's day card with the moving Lawnmower.

Below are photos of the products I chose to play with, 
including links to the website so that you can buy them yourself.
First I picked these Moonstone dies - £14.99
Product Code: MSTONE051. 10 dies in the pack. 
The measurements of the dies are;
Straight Edged Arch 1 – W 153mm x 102mm
Straight Edged Arch 2 - W 143mm x 92mm
Straight Edged Arch 3 - W 133mm x 82mm
Straight Edged Arch 4 - W 124mm x 73mm
Straight Edged Arch 5 - W 115mm x 63mm
Straight Edged Arch 6 – W 110mm x 54mm
Straight Edged Arch 7 - W 95mm x 44mm
Straight Edged Arch 8 - W 86mm x 35mm
Straight Edged Arch 9 - W 76mm x 25mm
Straight Edged Arch 10 - W 66mm x 16mm
These are excellent quality dies. All dies have a tendency to bend when they are thin frames, but these dies were very easily molded back into shape after use. They apparently fit with a lot of the Hunkdory Toppers, however i used mine on 240gsm folded card stock to cut arch shaped cards.
I used my Ellison 2005 Big Shot, tab 1, a metal adapter plate & 1 cutting plate. It took only two passes to cut the card blanks. The second pass I tipped upside down to reshape the die.


 My second choice were these Prism Markers - £9.99
Set 10. Product Code: PCM10. 6 pens in a pack.
The pens are extremely high quality & with 6 in a pack, excellent value for money at just £9.99. I collect Copic markers, but since redundancy, money is tight & I can't add to my collection. 
I have non Blue-~Green markers so thought this Turquoise set would fit in perfectly. 
The colours in the pack are;
455 – Glacier
454 – Cyan
458 – Ocean
445 – Spearmint
448 – Emerald
450 – Racing Green
These alcohol markers have a bullet nib at one end, a chisel at the other. They are highly pigmented, smooth to use & are chosen in families to ensure blending is effortless. While they are not refilable,
they are good value & certainly a good first choice for people to try out alcohol markers.
They are versatile markers are permanent and can therefore also be used on acetate, glass, ceramics, wood and metal.
 
Here are my first two projects using these products.
There are more to come over the next two days &
more planned in my head (including a birthday card for 21 May)
This will be used either for a card or a notebook cover.
To make it, I placed die 2 & 3 from the moonstone nesting set onto my watercolour paper 
(Bockingford 140lb hot press) to create an arched frame & embossed them with my embossing mat.
I then used die number 2, to cut  out the arch from a piece of grey board.
The greyboard was attached temporarily to the top of my crafter's Companion Brick Folder
& the paper was placed inside. I embossed the brickwork & the cut out acted to protected the actual arch from getting embossed. I then stamped the swans - Craft Sensations stamps by Grafix.
I coloured the water using the Prism Markers & the swans in grey copics.
I added distress inks to the walls & sky area.
 
 I love historic houses such as Normanby Hall & Elsham Hall,
both local spots & both have walled gardens & lakes.

My second piece is for the front of a card. I like to have a few made on hand to just out together, last minute for an encouragement card or a birthday.
These stamps were free with Creative Stamping issue 43.
I used the Prism Markers to colour the mermaid's tail.
I was able to blend the colours well to get the depth & shade I was after.
The rest was coloured with Copics in greys & bright greens.
Her hair done in Copic yellows. You would not think the tail was done with a totally different set, the markers are just as good for coverage & colour as the copics.


Tomorrow I will share more projects.
I have Easter cards to share & am waiting for them to reach the recipients.

No comments: