Tuesday 12 March 2019

Colour Exploration Journal - First Page

As I mentioned on 07 March, I began working on a new art journal. Today I share the first page.
If you recall, I do not like this!! But, I will share good or bad. It's a warts & all series!!

First Page - Hopeful
I am hopeful this exercise will grow my skills
& turn into a very positive series of art.

Complementary Colour Scheme
Blue & Orange - (not my favourite combination)

Paint - Dylusions;
London Blue & Squeezed Orange
Tim Holtz Stencils & Words
Memory Box Butterfly die
Basic Grey Tag.
 
 My observations;
I'm not enthralled!
The page improved once I had highlighted the three dotted
ares of stenciling to form a visual triangle. 
Drawing the border on the word helped it pop.
Dylusions paints don't work over gesso well,
but this was a previous page that I hated & needed to cover.
It was seriously ugly & took too coats!
Had I remembered Dylusions & gesso are not
a good fit, I would have selected a brighter orange
& used another blue from my stash.
But, learning is what this is about & I think
lesson learned.
Not hugely successful, but shared anyway.


 

No comments: