Tuesday 26 March 2019

Colour Exploration - Page Four

Page Four, so I am behind.
I had planned one page a week,
back in January!

Page Four - Give Yourself Time
This is more personal.
Give myself time to play, I can't job search
24 hours a day it is distressing!
 
Discordant Colour Scheme
To create this page I had to mix up some of my own colours.

To do this I spent an afternoon working
with the colour wheel & my supplies.
I drew wheels & filled them in using my own paints.
I will get round to sharing them at some stage.
I will also share my Layer Maps at a later date.

I mixed Rose & Cerulean Blue for a Red Violet,
for the coloured stenciling, I mixed
Peeled Paint & Twisted Citron distress re-iners into
gel medium. I wish I had made it a little brighter.
For my Red-Orange colour - I used;
Altenew Ink Autumn Blaze.
Stamps;
Heidi Swapp, Crafty Individuals

My observations;
Initially I disliked this from the point of view,
the green stenciling was too pale.
Truth, I loved the purple background so much,
I felt I spoiled it adding the green.
I love the stamping peeking through
& when I did the reduction technique,
the blue from my mix had stained the gesso
underneath a very pale blue. Liked that.
I like my focal point but if I did it again I would choose
a better stencil for the silhouette
& keep it white. The clocks
had already been stamped with the
French imagery from CI, so i just coloured them.
Once I outlined everything it popped.
Still got a visual triangle & strong focal point!

 

No comments: