Thursday 7 March 2019

New Art Coming Soon.

I have been a little absent from the blog recently, but it is due to the creation of a new art project.
I will be sharing the project soon, I just wanted to get a few started so that I had enough to blog for a few dates. This year I am going back to basics. 

I have made countless journal pages. Some I love, some I like & some.... well, let's just say they were ugly & have never seen the light of day! Even the ones I really love are lacking that little something. Having thought about it a while, I realise that they have poor composition, weak focal points & I could have made better colour choices. Having read both my Dina Wakley books, I knew it was time to re-think my work & take it up a notch!

Armed with a shiny new colour wheel, I aim to make at least one piece of art a week, the emphasis being on my colour choices, composition & focal points. I want to work with my supplies to make better use of them.

I plan to explore all different backgrounds such as Complementary colours, Triadic schemes & to stop covering the entire page in colour. Leave a bit of "white" space to stop the work looking flat. As a scrapbooker & minibook maker, I never had a problem with white space, so I need to re-train myself to use it in my journals.

I plan to explore, get messy & give myself permission to do whatever I like. I will share the good & the bad as I travel this journey & it will be fun. Probably the best fun I have had in ages because I have banned all rules. No need to conform in my creative space!

Some of the pages will be coming soon. The first one is awful! Blue & Orange, not my favourite combination & it sucks, but I am sharing anyway warts & all!

To finish I will leave you with a sympathy card,
I had to make recently for an ex work colleague
Lorraine, who sadly lost her father last month.
He used to keep the outside of the office tidy &
was regularly seen clearing the car park.
Fitting that I should share it now,
as today marks the 45th anniversary 
of losing mum.




No comments: