Saturday 9 March 2019

Happy Birthday, Dad

Today is dad's birthday!
I saw several card designs
floating around Pinterest that I liked.
I decided to have a go at this one.
It is not great, structurally it is flimsy.
But, handmade is never perfect!

Here is the front.
Papermania Home to Nest
Slight decoupaged bird box.
The greeting doesn't look straight
in the photo, but it is!!

This view is a sneaky peek at inside.
It was too bulky to close fully.
 

Here is the inside.
A potting bench in the garden shed.
The legs are far too flimsy
& when I finally managed to get the decoupaged window
box stuck to the bench, it won't stand straight either!
Plus, I should have made a taller card,
so you could see out the window better. 


This final image is a close up
showing the top of the bench.
I had planned to stick pots to the legs
but knew it would cause problems.
Plus the paper pack only had vegetable seed
packets to cut out & Dad only grows flowers.
 
But, I am still pleased with it!
It isn't even the original design I planned.
I am saving that one for Father's Day in June.

No comments: