Friday 22 March 2019

Colour Exploration - Page Three

I have to say straight off, I LOVE this page!
It has so much going for it after the disaster of page one!

Page Three - I have absolutely no desire to fit in
bit of fun with this one, & we all know there are no rules 
in art journaling :)

Triadic Scheme
Acrylic Paint;
Rose by Crawford & Black
Turquoise by Reeves
Yellow- Orange - a Derwent Inktense Pencil
Birds, stencil & other stamping
- free with Simply Cards & Papercraft 186.
Words - Tim Holtz

My observations;
Absolutely love it! The mix of the rose & turquoise is so pretty.
The visual triangle is clear also replication
of the same image works with the rule of 3's, 
but with one  image slightly different to stand out.
I like the book text on the birds.
The white spaces calms the chaos of the colour explosion.
I can glimpse some of the lower  layers
through the stencil reduction technique (Dina Wakley)
Must find a way to utilise this better.

I've still a way to go, but already finding
I am making better colour choices & my focal points
are no longer weak. I am taking time to
consider placement & design
instead of leaping straight in.
I love that I can see progress so soon.


No comments: