Thursday 15 August 2019

And Still...

I Rise.
Another mini junk journal page.
I had so much fun with this one.
I knew I wanted to play with my chosen,
 purchased image.  So, I worked around it,
 using magazine image collage & stamping.
It started out as something else completely,
but I decided I didn't like the way it was
going & so I tore off the texture.
Fatal mistake! It weakened the next page
which was my Mermaid dreamer! 😱
Still, I managed to save it with some good glue
& heavy body gesso 😇 

I added an image transfer using a magazine
image & the method LorriMarie taught.
Once fully dried & backing paper removed,
I added an image stamped on tissue.
This was the dressing table & mirror from
Creative Stamping issue 53.

 I added Distress paint Seedless Preserves, through the
Gothic Tim Holtz stencil. Allowed it to dry & then
sponged a light covering of the same colour over top.
Then I re-sized & printed my focal point.
Mike creates some fabulous journal pages
& if you visit the store, he has great images,
stamps & stencils. Most, if not all, are his own designs. 
If you are not familiar with him, you can also find him on YouTube.
 
Next I added Colourcraft Gold Drawing Ink as
I linked in my Mermaid "Dreamer" page.
I drew around all my imagery with a black Posca paint pen.
Then added black ink to darken it all up.
Finally I added digital words by Helen Green - HGDesigns. 
 

No comments: