Tuesday 6 August 2019

At last....

another entry in my colour exploration journal.
"Be the Light"

First off I have to say, this is just one of those
pages that did NOT translate from brain to page,
exactly how I wanted it to!
In fact it took me 6 weeks to complete!
I have to say, it is not my favourite, but
I had to get the initial parts out.
The light rays, the dark clouds & the quote.

I used a light-bulb stamp from Viva Decor which I cut out,
added Nuvo clear accent & left it to dry while I
added the texture paste through the Tim Holtz stencil.
Coloured  using Prima Watercolours, Shimmering Lights.
I computer generated the quote.
I am not even sure if it is a quote.
I just remember seeing something tragic
on television & thinking how you should spend every day
being kind to all you meet. Be the light so it can shine.
Everyone is going through some kind of darkness.
 I added cloud stenciling with distress inks & then die cuts some
really dark clouds.
If I'm honest, I don't know how I could have done this any other way. 

No comments: