Sunday 18 August 2019

REAL,

NOT PERFECT.
That is the title for this next mini junk journal page.

The book is getting close to full & I am planning to
make another, but slightly larger. 
I actually began this page before "Dreamer"
but I loved how the Lindy's dried on the textured gesso
& so Dreamer was created first.
I smoothed out the gesso on this one before
letting it dry (after smooshing both pages together)
before colouring the page with the 
Nantucket Pearls Lindy's.
I added some Dylusions White Linen Spray
around the edges to fade it out more.
For my focal point I used the free Altenew stamps
(The set includes a stencil also)
If you are not familiar with the site, you will find
free digi downloads for papers & stamps.

I chose Altenew crisp inks;
Heartbeat / Velvet / Moss & Jet Black
to stamp the images, but to be honest
they did not react well stamping on top of the Lindy's
I had to use my Posca black paint pen to go over
some of the stamped lines to make them clear.
It must be the shimmery surface (not visible in the pic)
I kept this page simple & just added the words by HGDesigns. 
I felt the grunge background stamping & the focal image
didn't need much of a supporting cast.
 

No comments: