Monday 9 March 2020

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is my Dad's birthday.
As he is keen on astronomy,
having his own telescope, I thought I would 
put some celestial stamps to use.
Here's what I made him.
 I wanted to use my Lawn Fawn Reveal Wheel Dies,
unfortunately, they are only sized for 3 - 4 images.
There are 8 Moon phases.
So, I had to cut a larger circle & fashion my own
front panel, which while it went okay,
it lacked the gorgeous faux stitching.
 I inked my panel with regular distress inks in;
Tumbled Glass / Broken China /
Chipped Sapphire & Black Soot.
I then used the In The Wild Stencil by Funky Fossils,
to add in the tree line across the bottom.
I stamped & heat embossed all the
constellations from the Upon A Star stamp
set from Lawn Fawn. I added an earth using the
die cut circle left from the window
& partial stamped it with a map stamp.
I have only shown photos of two of the
moon phases, as there are 8 & it would be 
rather too boring.
What you can't see in the photos, is that 
I spritzed the fronts with perfect pearls,
pearl & water for a shimmer.

Below is a quick photo of the inside.
The greeting comes from Creative Stamping issue 28.
While it was meant for Oscar/Red carpet,
 type birthdays, it shows how you can find sentiments
to fit any occasion.
 

No comments: