Thursday 26 March 2020

Waves....

Kraft cardstock, painted with black gesso.
For this page, I wanted something simple,
but also dramatic. I saw this stencil - Surfer
by Funky Fossil Design & had to have it!! 

To create my "ocean", I added Peacock Feathers,
Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire & Picket Fence
Distress paints to a mini craft mat,
spritzed with water & smushed onto my page.
I dried this thoroughly, then added more
Salty Ocean & Peacock Feathers in the same way,
dried again & added a little more Picket Fence.
Once totally dry, I used the stencil with black gesso.
Dried this off, then used the mask that comes
with the stencil, to add white gesso, to
crisp up the man & give a foam look.
I used Posca pen to add marks & dots.
When it was fully dry, I added a little extra 
colour with my Woody 3-in1 pencils.
I added my journaling all around the page in black.
It reads;
"When times are rough, hold on tight & go with the flow"
"Things always get worse, before they get better, hold on"
"Have the courage to face each day, secure in the
knowledge, you are ok"
"Life is a wild ride, but it is also beautiful."
I then printed my quote about waves, 
using the dymo label maker. 
Stay safe everyone!
 

 

No comments: