Monday 16 March 2020

Never Judge

As soon as I obtained my copy of
Creative Stamping issue 82, I knew
straight away, what I wanted to create
in my art journal!

I wanted a busy, but also subdued background
to emulate chaos behind the calm.
I had watched a YouTube video by
Shawn Petite, on her process of
sandwiches in stenciled backgrounds &
really wanted to give it a try.
You can watch the video here
To create the background I used,
Dylusions Paint:- Vibrant Turquoise, 
London Blue, Cut Grass, Pure Sunshine,
Cherry Pie, Peony Blush & Black Marble.
Stencils;
Tando creative - Distressed Sequins,
TCW - Well Rounded, Harlequin, Mini Patterns
& Art Is
Natalie Kalbach - Dots.
Stamps;
Numbers - Indigoblu
Shoes, Signpost, Footprints - CS82
(These were designed by Hunkydory crafts
for creative Stamping) 
The words added to the signpost are done
in gel pen to make them stand out.
Quote created on my dymo label maker.
 I particularly like how the parts of the Art Is stencil
that show through are the words "surface"
"experiences" & "what might"
very apt for my journaling.
It is about never knowing what another person is
going through on a daily basis. Never knowing
the burden they carry, the demons they are fighting.

No comments: