Sunday 29 March 2020

Spring is in the air.

For this page, I wanted beautiful bright colour,
but it needed to be muted down because,
spring is naturally not as vivid as summer. 

So, I scraped a layer of gesso over the page,
then set to work with stencils to create the background.
I used Dylusions paint in;
Peony Blush, Pure Sunshine, Postbox Red
& Cut Grass through TCW stencil,
 Next I added Peony Blush
through the small flowers, on the Dylusions 
Dyalog Stencil Doodle It
 To tone this down further, I added
white gesso through the large flowers
on the same stencil.
While wet, I added touches of gold foil.
At this stage it looked a hot mess! 
I wanted a little more colour back in so,
I brayered Pure Sunshine onto a large
flower stamp. (Can't remember the brand!!)
I then stamp again over the top,
brayering Cherry Pie paint.
My focal point is large & matches all the colours
in my spread. It was on the back cover
of an issue of Daphne's Diary.
All that was needed for this was a bit of journaling
& the Tim Holtz Quote.
 

No comments: