Sunday 25 February 2007

City of Lincoln, Minibook.

As I may have said, many moons ago, The city of Lincoln is very special to me.
I have spent some many happy years visiting this place & in recent years some very unhappy visits. My BIL, Nigel, was very sick & spent practically the last 9 or 10 months of his life in Lincoln Hospital. I have only been to the city once since, & although I am totally in love with this happening place, I will find it very hard to ever love it the way I used to.
The architecture is out of this world & the shops are fabulous.
I made this mini book for myself to remember the good places, & it is a shame I never had my camera when we visited many of the fantastic eating establishments.
there is always somewhere open to eat no matter what day it is.
We have favourite haunts which are painful to visit since he left us but one day I hope I can be strong enough to go back.
He has been on my mind a great deal of late. It is spring & he came alive this time of year.
Here is the book. nothing stunning, I wanted the pictures to be the focus.




5 comments:

Brigitta said...

It's all about remembering Paula. It sure makes me wanna visit there sometime ;-)

Latharia said...

What a wonderful book ... and I hope that in time the happy memories outnumber the sad ones!

P.S. I didn't know you were a Waterboys fan, too! :)

Eleni Gratsia said...

It's a lovely good Paula ... I love the fleur de lili stamp, the cover window, and your green ring! :D

Saffa said...

Thats such a great idea! Something to remind you of good times.

And your cards are great too!

xxsaffa

Jo said...

Fab minibook, it such a good way to store memories.

jo xx