Wednesday 2 October 2019

Dina Wakley Media - Show Us Your Media Gratitude

A Year of Gratitude Challenge.
Yes, I am late to the party!!
I created but forgot to photograph.
But, I am hoping I can still play for
the month of September, because while
I am late, I bring booze!!
Hahaha!
Seriously, I saw this challenge & thought
what a great chance to play monthly.
I even handmade a journal especially
for this event. It wasn't a great success,
but it was my very first blank coptic bound book
to include a cover. Normally I only bind
when the book is done.

Anyway, less chat more art!
 To create my page, I used scribble sticks directly
on the Nathalie Kalbach stamp in Blackberry & Tangerine.
I dried the images after I had stamped them off randomly
on the page. I then dripped & splattered the Lime scribble stick
onto the page, moving some of the colour with a wet brush.
Once dry, I used archival black ink to stamp the
large circle around the most coloured image.
Using theTangerine scribble stick, I stamped 
another of the texture stamps from the set.
My journaling is a mess because every pen I tried was running out!
It says how I love cuddles with cat, Kia, soft blankets, rain on my garden,
bees, butterflies & moths.
I printed some of them with my brother label maker,
then doodled. I seem compelled to doodle on my pages
recently & I am loving the effect.
I am very pleased with how this turned out.

Here is the front cover of my handstitched journal.
I used an out of date road map to cover & washed a little gesso
over. I have highlighted all the places I have been
& where my sister has lived & I plan to add
Clear Nuvo over them to permanently mark them.

Here is the back cover & I plan to do the same.

 This journal is made up of 140lb hot press
bockingford watercolour paper, bristol smooth
& Kraft cardstock.

No comments: