Wednesday 16 October 2019

Dina Wakley - Show Us Your Media Gratitude.

Be Grateful for Obstacles
This is the second prompt of a year long challenge.
You have to use at least one item of
Dina Wakley Media art supplies.
I don't have masses, but I will need to get creative!

Here is my entry.
Look at all the scrummy colour!!!
I began by putting down some patterned tissue
by Papermania, which features images from
the Madame Payraud collection.
It is mostly hidden except the bird, which I drew 
to make it look a little different.
I scrapped Dylusions paint over some white
gesso using a spatula in the colours;
 Postbox Red, Squeezed Orange
& Lemon Zest. I used a free Dina Wakley stencil
that came in SCP Magazine issue186.
It was fabulous as it came with four mini sets of
stamps & stencils from Dylusions / Letter It,
Wendy Vecchi & Dina Wakley.
I used the Dina Wakley Stencil & Mask
for my focal point, positioning her over the bird.
I added white scribble stick to soften the colour
inside the silhouette & Stabilo All in black
to outline her.
I die cut some Tim Holtz Garden Greenery & used
them as stencils to add Dylusions Vibrant Turquoise
to the silhouette & around my page.
I then added one of the die cuts on the page.
Using my black & white posca pens,
I highlighted the block stenciling as they represent obstacles.
Words, a mix of Tim Holtz & my brother label maker.
 
My theory behind this page is,
while I lost my job through redundancy,
it gave me chance to slow down the pace of life & appreciate
just what I do have.
I got time to enjoy the garden, see the wildlife,
spend time with my neighbour, who has now passed away
& plan for the future. So while this has been a massive
obstacle, I have found gratitude in dealing with the fall out!
 
 

No comments: