Friday 11 October 2019

I've got a new journal!

I hand made this from Watercolour, Bristol & Kraft
cardstock folded into single signatures & then
coptic bound them together.
Here is my second entry, pages 2 & 3.
(The first is an Art Angel, page 4, from the 
creativity & wellness summit, which is not yet complete)

To kick off this journal in style,
I went bold!

 I wanted white space, bold colour & bold imagery.
I got all I wanted.
Materials;
Dylusions paint;-
Squeezed Orange / Postbox Red
Lemon Zest / Fresh Lime / Black Marble
Dina Wakley Media - Weird is Good 
Book text & gauze.
My background is stenicled using
Dylusions Dyalog Stencil It!
Posca paint pen highlights.
The images were stamped on old
encyclopedia pages & coloured with paint.
I added dots to the backgrounds & hats
for that additional quirky feel.
Finished it up with splats from the posca pens
& words from the stamp set.
In the rear of my dad's car, i found 
a first aid kit from 2005!
The gauze was painted with Black Marble 
& stuck behind each image.
This was so much fun!!

No comments: