Friday 4 October 2019

Junk Journal Page

Dedicated to my next door neighbour, Rose.
Rose sadly passed away on 22nd September,
just two days after we laid another of
our neighbour's, Frank,  to rest.
Three neighbours' gone, 
all within 10 weeks of each other.  
Although her name was Rosemary, I only
ever called her Rose.
She was a fabulous neighbour &
a good friend to me. I miss her very much.
Still doesn't feel real.
Our kitchen windows face each other across
the drive & I expect to see her
every time I go into the kitchen.
As this post goes live,
we shall be heading to her funeral.

I had to take two photos of this page,
as it was difficult to capture.
The page began life as a business
envelope & I added acetate to the window,
to protect the real dried roses inside.
 
 Neither image is great as the shine
reflecting off the window is impossible to
remove to get a picture at all.

 I simply painted the page
Dylusions Post Box Red & added Prima
stamping in Black Archival ink.
I added French script stamping.
Backed the flowers (Lakeland Limited)
using paper painted with black gesso.
Added a Tim Holtz word phrase
& Lisa's Altered Art.
To add a little more I used gold foil.

No comments: