Thursday 31 October 2019

Day of The Dead

or Dia De Los Muertos...
A Mexican Celebration of the dead.
31st October -2nd November. 
Not to be confused with Halloween.
This is a time when they honour all the 
loved ones that have passed away.

As I created Enid's Tombstone,
I decided on a Day of the Dead journal page.

I had such fun with this page.
First I stamped on the background,
using chicken wire & gothic text.
Then I stamped my skull - Sheena Douglass
I began adding Scribble Sticks 
in Lime & Tangerine.
Once dry. I added Lime & Orange Dylusions paint
to get drips. Then Black Marble Dylusions
to get dramatic drips.
To colour my skull I began with
Septh Apter/PaperArtsy Buff
chalk paint, then decided it needed
to be just a tad whiter.
I stamped the eyes & flowers on 
my handmade washi & paint paper.
I die cut a hat twice, once in grey, once
in black using an XCut die.
Added detail with Black & White Posca pens,
before the final detail of white splashes &
Tim Holtz Alphanumeric Label die letters. 
I'm really happy with this page.
 

No comments: