Wednesday 9 October 2019

The final entry

in my mini junk journal!
(not the last page, this is page 27)
my title for this one is Just be how you feel.
Again, I had fun with colour, except this time
I did not cover it up!
I had no idea where this was going beyond
the colours, stenciling & words.

Materials;
Dylusions paint:
Bubblegum Pink/ Lemon Zest
Postbox Red / fresh Lime 
Tim Holtz - Paper Doll
Crafty Individuals tree stamp
Tim Holtz Chit Chat
Stenicl - Dylusions Dyalog - Doodle It 
Memory Box Flower die & Butterfly.
To start I added paint, wipe some away
the applied more paint directly over where I had removed.
I stamped Donna Downey word stamps several times.
Then I hit my "bits box".
A box full of die cut pieces from other projects.
I found some torn map, text, a small frame,
the butterfly which I painted & the flowers
which were already die cut & coloured.
I also found the paper lock from the TH Bigz die.
I like how you can see "be" in the keyhole.

My thoughts for this were, simply, be
what you feel. People are good at telling you to 
"be brave", "be strong", be this, be that.
Yes you should try to be all these things, but sometimes,
just sometimes, allow yourself to be what you want.
If you feel sad, be sad! If you feel vulnerable, be it.
Only by embracing how we feel, can we accept it,
work through it & move on. 
The summit taught me a lot!
 

No comments: