Monday 7 October 2019

Home

Another entry in my near full, junk journal.

I was feeling the need for bold colour
& having looked through Pinterest,
I found Andrea Ockey Parr's video on
This looked fun & if nothing came 
of a journal page, at least I would
have something pretty.
Having been watching the Willowing Arts
Creativity & wellness summit, I took
time out to just play. Having paint all over my fingers
was therapeutic & I took 
pleasure in the process. 
 
However, I chickened out!
I thought my colours were too bright
& brayered gesso over the top!!
Once I had cut up some of my paper
into a house & fence, I thought I would use
Dylusions Spray to give some oomph.
That also backfired.
So I brought out the big guns..
my oil pastels & posca paint pens in
black & white.
I am far happier with the results.
In view of all the sadness surrounding
the street & my 1st anniversary of being
made redundant,
I had great fun with this colour.
So much so that I decided I needed more brightness!
The next page I share will be the final piece
in this handmade junk journal.
The piece after will be in my brand new,
 coptic bound, hand made journal. 😀
 Page painted with black gesso.
White heavy gesso stenciled using
City Grid - TCW
Words - Tim Holtz
& Lisa's Altered Art.
House - my own drawing.
 

No comments: