Thursday 16 May 2019

Another Blue & Orange Page for my Colour Journal

This is a "Wart's & All" series,
so I shared my first page of Blue & Orange.
I really didn't like it & was determined
to pull something better together.
I think this is it!!

 
First of all I have to give a shout out 
to Amber. K. Creative.
I saw her create a background in this YouTube Video
& I liked it so much I wanted to try it.
I like how it turned out, although
the clear crackle isn't obvious.
I think I should have added it over a lighter blue
then added the darker blue later.
Proof that this journal is not just
an exploration of colour, but a way of growing.
I am using my supplies & getting to know them.

Materials;
Tim Holtz Lattice Trellis Die
Heidi Swapp Script stamp
PaperArtsy - Twilight fresco paint
Dina Wakley Media - Cheddar paint
layering stamp & die set
Tim Holtz words - Stay Simple. Be Original.
I used my speedball brayer for the first time.
I have tried many brayers, but I believe
this one is the best of them all.

No comments: