Saturday 4 May 2019

Birthday Wishes for Claire & for Rod

Today is the birthday's of both my ex.train
buddies, Claire & Rod.
Here is what I made for them.

This first card was made back on 10th April!
I knew she liked giraffe's, so when I saw this
stamp by Pink Ink Designs, I knew it was perfect.
I toyed with adding the glasses, but they
wouldn't cut out right & there are no dies.
I coloured all the leaves & flowers with Copics,
in very vivid colours, to resemble
summer in a jungle.
I love how the Copic shading worked on the giraffe.
Those eye lashes are so gorgeous, to make sure that 
I kept those & all the swirls, I stamped in black
directly on the card base & stuck my coloured,
cut out image on top.
 

Next up is Rod's card.
Donna, (his lovely wife) advised he liked feeding the birds.
I vaguely remember him mentioning it during
the train journey, but once Donna confirmed,
I was able to create this for him.

 I can't take complete credit for the design 
as it is something I saw Sandy Allnock do in a video,
but I adapted it to suit my stamps & idea. 

Front depicts decoupage Robin on nest box.
Papermania Home to Nest.

Inside shows the full card.
The panel on the left, blank for my message.
On the right, my bird scene.
The card began as a piece of 320gms cardstock,
that measured 14cms x 30cms.
I rarely use cms, but it was called for to design this
exactly how I wanted it.  
I then scored the piece at the right end to allow 
1/2 cm & the rest folded back onto itself.
I also created a tiny 1/2cm spine in the centre
of the remaining card stock, for this card.
I created another piece measuring 14cms x 15cms,
& made a 1/2cm spine, allowing the rest to fold under.
This was the stamped piece.I built up my shaker element, 
so that it was concealed once spine was attached
in front fold & top was folded onto the 1cm flap on 
right edge. I die cut fun foam to cover the whole back,
cutting the bird feeder from within.
Sounds complicated but it wasn't.
 

This final close up shows the "bird seed" shaken down.
I used 3 colours of seed beads for this.
Stamps & papers are all Home to Nest.



No comments: