Monday 27 May 2019

Find Your Voice - Junk Journal

If I thought I loved Mildred,
then I must have a lot of love as I
love this one too! 😁
This idea came to me while watching a video 
on YouTube by Mike Deakin Art.
Mike created this page last year 
& I wanted to revisit the background he made
after watching this other video by him;
I loved both background ideas & they 
inspired me to create this page,
Find Your Voice.
 
I used Distress Oxide Inks
smooshed onto an old ledger card.
I added clear gesso first to give movement.
The colours I used were;
Peeled Paint / Shabby Shutters
Old Paper / Scattered Straw
& hints of Peacock Feathers.
I added stamping in the same colours
using bubble wrap, a bottle cap
& some ATC border stamps
(previously loved Elusive Images Set)
along with Archival Sepia Ink.
I added the word phrase Find Your Voice
several times (Donna Downey / Unity Stamp)
Then stamped Inkylicious Birds
in two places & on tissue.
I attached the tissue just off slightly to give shadow.
I then added touches of paint in buff & red. 
This made them Swallows.
Finally I added some words from Tim Holtz
to make up a part phrase I had seen on Pinterest.
 Love this colour combination, thank you Mike!

No comments: