Friday 24 May 2019

Back with another Junk Journal page - Mildred!

Yes, I'm still so in love with my
mini junk journal, I can't stop
playing in it. 😀
Today's page is all about Mildred
& her desire to play at being Queen.
This page is an old business envelope.
I die cut a square from off centre
& added two die cut trellis square
pieces behind. It's gorgeous,
but I just can't remember where I got it!
 I painted them gold to give a regal touch.
I then set to work colouring the rest
of the page in purple using
Lindy's Stamp Gang Magnolia Magenta Gold.

Next I added stenciling with Original Distress Ink
in Dusty Concord & the Tim Holt Stencil - Gothic.

I stamped a dictionary quote about a Lady,
which was free with Creative Stamping issue 70.
The chair was free with the pets set in issue 68.
I used copic markers to colour it "throne" red.
I then sat my Tim Holtz Paper Doll "Mildred" on the chair
& gave her a pet dog (paper doll) 
I stamped crowns on the page (PaperBag Studios)
& Bird Notes by Crafty Secrets Clear Art Stamps.
(They were purchased, previously loved & I don't 
know if they are available now) 
Finally, I added a book text crown, a gold staff & words.
The words near her head were originally
from Tim Holtz but they disintergrated so I
had to hit the computer & type my own! 
The ones below were found poetry & only the two
words in blue stated intact!!
I am working on the back of this page,
trying to find something suitable to cover the chair (throne)
showing through from this side.
But, I absolutely LOVE this page.

No comments: