Saturday 11 May 2019

Junk Journal Insert

I have been delighted by the wild bees
visiting & using my two Bee Houses. 
Four have slept in one of the houses
during all the wet weather this week.
Here are pictures of the houses.

 Here is a little guy moving in.

Now as the bees have been in the forefront of my mind,
it seemed fitting I add them into my art.
I knew I had page 3 (the first insert) to decorate,
so I decided to decorate both sides with
a bee theme, so they carry on from each other.

side 1 - page 3.
 Beehives /bee stamps
Ribbon & papers
Tell the Bees Collection - Craft Consortium.
Seriously, if you have never been to the store,
be prepared to be blown away by all the
gorgeous paper & stamps, not to mention
matching sequins, ribbon & much more.
Also be prepared to spend a lot!
Other products used;
Memory Box Stencil,
Dylusions sprays in Tangerine Dream & Lemon Zest,
both as sprays & mixed in with the gesso.
For the honey, I used the ever so gorgeous
Dina Wakley Media Cheddar Heavy Body Paint.
The words are computer generated & are a quote
by Elizabeth Lawrence (1904 - 1985)
"The hum of bees, is the voice of the garden"

side 2 - page 4.
 This was created with the same medium,
just no cheddar on this page. I also did
negative stenciling on this side. 
The Sunflower is a Memory Box Die
I cut two so I could introduce depth.
The quote, also computer generated,
is by Mark Nepo.
"The flower doesn't dream of the bee.
It blossoms & the bee comes."
 

No comments: