Tuesday 14 May 2019

Colour Exploration Page 8

It's been a while I know!
I got all excited about creating my junk journal
& this page was proving difficult to create
as I originally visualised it!
In the end, I did have to scrap it & start again.
It had turned to mud, despite everything
& just was not worth saving.

I am however, glad I had a second chance
to create what I imagined.
My background colour is created with 
Dina Wakley Media Scribble Sticks.
Lemon & Blackberry with a bit of Magenta
accidentally thrown in!
I also added gelatos through stencils for
extra texture in the background.
I created the circles using a mylar
home made stencil - basic circles.
Finally I wanted to add my favourite burnt lemon juice
to age it but only had lime in the fridge!
Lime doesn't not turn as golden as lemon.
Note to self - Jif lemon on the shopping list.
I used molding paste then gesso over the top.
 That looked too stark so added colour
with the scribble sticks.
Stamping is Vintage Circles - Woodware
Words - Tim Holtz
"it's always the small pieces
that make the big picture".

No comments: