Saturday 9 December 2006

Second round for both DCM dares

Here are two more cards. The first is for last nights "stamp with a twist". I wanted to do a fun kids card as someone I know has a boy coming up 6 & he loves boats. He draws them like this all the time, so I figured it would be the type of boat he will want to see on his card.
I had to pop to a work mates house first as she had the wiggly type of potato masher & mine is just rounded with slots... See I have decided potato mashers are my thing!!!
I also used some bule wrap, some papermania ribbon & some sticky ribbon. Oh & a chopped up cocktail stick, so perhaps this card also belongs in the "Use the kitchen" dare from a few weeks ago!!!!


This second card is the first one I made for the Mid week dare, with the recipe of 5 flowers, 3 patterned papers & a piece of ribbon. I couldn't get the design to work for me, so I tossed it into a drawer & made the red dots & tag one as seen in my previous post.
This one pleased me as I used scraps up & cut circles from them. The large heart is a colorbok's doo dads. The small "love" is from the MM wedding charms pack. Best wishes is a silver peel off & I used a piece of white ric rac. As I used circles I decided to round the edges of the square card.The small purple flowers are from Crafty Carrot.

 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe Your friend mus think you've totally lost the plot. "Can I borrow your potato masher because I want to make a card...."

Looks great and I love those soft pastel colours.

Anonymous said...

Lovely cards Paula ... whoever would have thought that about potato mashers!!! ;-)

Like your pixie banner!!! ;D

Anonymous said...

You did a second round of both cards... oh you are amazing....
and how cute is that little boat... I really love the one with the circle's, love how it came together, very nice...

Anonymous said...

Now you're just showing off! Love the second round of cards Paula.

Anonymous said...

Fab cards Paula, you are now a true connoisseur of potato mashers