Monday 23 December 2019

Another Special Card

or rather...
A Shadow Box.
From four residents,
Dad, Bill, Jenny & I,
that appreciate their Christmas Lights.
This is their tree from my front drive.

Here is the Shadow Box.
 Created from a sheet of 12x12 cardstock.
Scored & folded, with mitred corners,
which I covered with texture paste to resemble snow.
Globe - Tim Holtz die cut from blue painted paper
(PaperArtsy Summer Sky)
Wings were made with a mold & some two part resin.
Backdrop is white media paper, painted with
P/Artsy Summer Sky & stenciled with Tim Holtz
mini Poinsettia stencil.
Peace on Earth - die cuts - Tim Holtz
cut twice for depth, with Nuvo gloss applied.

Top view looking down so you can
get a feel for the depth.

I glued a piece of heavy weight chipboard
to the back & made a stand by tracing a photo frame
that i have. I glued it to the piece with UHU
& a 2.5in butt hinge because the weight of the
resin wings was pulling the piece backwards. 
 
 Another view of the hinge,
showing the neat finish.
For photo frames the stand is just short of
the bottom to give it a lean.
I wanted this to stand more upright,
so made the stand flush with the bottom.

 
In all I am very proud of this piece.
There were various videos on YouTube for
making shadow boxes.
I watched a few then kind of tweaked the
measurements to fit my purpose.

No comments: