Saturday 7 December 2019

Second Christmas share.

This time a 3D lantern gift.
I based this on an article I read in
Die Cutting Essentials issue 30.
I made each of the 4 boxes
by determining the die I would use,
 for each of the windows. 
In hindsight, I wish I had gone a touch smaller.
I made the boxes as strips with 
an end tab & bottom tabs.
These bottom ones folded up
& the base was glued inside.
It was hard to get a decent photo,
of all together but they were glued down.
I made a base for them from
sturdy chipboard & as the whole thing is 
40cms long, I had to join two 20cm pieces.
 

Now I don't generally like working in centimetres,
 but this project was made completely that way.
The lids were a nightmare!
In fact, my Dad helped me as he is excellent
at maths being an Engineer.
They needed lids to keep the light
from all escaping out the tops.

Here is a close up of one of the box fronts.
I added Golden Molding paste for show
& used my Glitter Duster to add Rock Candy. 
 
  
Here is a closer look at the lid tops.
I cut the Poinsettia & greenery from a free die set,
with Die Cutting Essentials issue 56.
They have tiny glue blobs & Rock Candy
dusted onto them.

 This is one end, both are the same.

Finally, this is inside the boxes.
I added Rose Gold Crafters' Companion card stock,
so it would reflect inside. 
The glitter battery tealights were a pack of 
four for 99p in Home Bargains.
 Each box is 8cm square with a height of 8cms.
I used free dies from Simply Cards & Papercrafts,
issue 195
Large trees at either end, are by XCut.

No comments: