Friday 27 December 2019

Winter Art Journal

Sharing a Winter themed art journal page
that I created just before Christmas.

This is kraft card (page 10) in my new journal.
I'm not creating in order so 7, 8 & 9 will
be created on in 2020.
I began by scraping gesso on the page, taking care 
not to go right up to the edges.
Once dried, I applied Golden Light Molding paste
over Winter Wonderland Stencil/Mask
by The Crafter's Workshop.
I dried this with my heat tool to make it
puff up so that the rings went deeper.
Before it was fully dry, I added a dusting of
Rock Candy glitter to give sparkle like you
see in real snow.
To colour my page I used watered down PaperArtsy
Fresco Chalk paint in Wolf Eye & Blue Smoke.
(Oct 2019 release, Christmas present)😊
I dry brushed white gesso over some of the
textured areas once the paint was dry.
I love the blue on the kraft where I had
not put down gesso first.
I busted out my Tim Holtz Ephemera packs,
(hoarded for two years)
to create a cluster of mainly B&W,
with just hints of colour in the text.
I then added my die cut deer (American Crafts die)
onto a simple wreath I made from jute.
The finishing touch was Tim Holtz Christmas Clippings
(also hoarded for two years)
I have also created another winter theme
 for my Colour Exploration Journal.

No comments: