Thursday 26 December 2019

Merry Christmas Art Journal

I made this page on Christmas Eve,
it's the very first themed page in my
Colour Exploration Journal.
I wanted something festive & to be honest,
I was at a loose end waiting
for an ornament to dry.
I loved the Lisa Oxley repeated version of
Dina Wakley's ghost technique &
wanted to play with it again.
However, you can't see much of it 😄 
 To begin, I added gesso & once dry,
I wrote a Christmas song from my childhood
down the page.
I'm not certain if you are familiar with it,
I was 4 or 5 when we sang it, but
it goes;
Who is coming on Christmas Night?
With a red, red coat & hair all white.
Eyes that sparkle like a starry night,
I know, don't you?

Who has a bag all packed with toys?
With wonderful things for girls & boys.
A beautiful sleigh that makes no noise,
I know, don't you?

Every time I see an image of Santa (Father Christmas)
I always remember this song & 
how we sang it with such excitement.
 I used the repeated ghost technique with Dylusions,
Cherry Pie / Peony Blush / White Linen
& Tim Holtz Festive stencil.
I added Cut Grass through the stencil to give
a pop of colour in 3 places.
I then broke open my hoarded Christmas
Ephemera packs by Tim Holtz
& pieced together a few bits.
To complete I added Christmas Clippings
in two places. "Merry Christmas" &
"all to sleep before Santa comes"
 

No comments: