Saturday 21 December 2019

Christmas Easel Card x2

I made two identical cards
for two close friends.
 Both cards were made from a total of 3 card blanks.

I began with the globes (Tim Holtz)
brayering paper with PaperArtsy paint;
Glacier Ice/ Summer Sky/ Smurf
Surf's Up/ Glass Blue/ Snowflake
& also white gesso.
Adding shimmer with Snow & Ice Cosmic
Shimmer Lustre polish.
 I used mixed media paper to make the blue
textured panels. Painting over french book text
using the same colours but in a wash.
I then added texture paste (golden light molding)
through the Tim Holtz Poinsettia mini stencil.

While allowing these to dry, I die cut my book plates.
Distressed with blue paint, stamped a greeting
& added pearls. Each bookplate is about
5 thick to add dimension. I copied this
from the pink toned card I shared a few
days ago on here.

 I added white feathers behind the
globes, which I mounted using
foam pads.
I created the banners by hand after
stamping the Peace on Earth,
which were from a free stamp set,
several Christmases ago.


Finally I added a blue star to the reverse,
 as I did the gorgeous pink toned easel card,
 from a few days ago.
 

No comments: